So, it has been aboslute CHAOS at work the last 5 days with servers crashing and databases just deciding they didn't want to work anymore; so, what do I do when I'm SUPER stressed? Why bake, of course! (and eat and curse and eat and curse and clean and curse)
This recipe is one I've been wanting to try, but never got around to it, not because it was difficult (hello 3 ingredients and a crockpot), but I just haven't.
Now, if you enjoy just eating the cherry pie filling out of a can, then this is for you! It classes up the can idea, without much effort.
- 1 can (21oz) cherry pie filling
- 1 package (18oz) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional) I didn't use these because I don't like walnuts
- Whipped topping or vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Place pie filling in crockpot
- Mix together cake mix and butter in medium bowl (mixture will be clumpy)
- Spread evenly over cherry filling
- Sprinkle walnuts on top (I just did a couple sprinkles of cinnamon instead)
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours or HIGH for 1.5 to 2 hours
- Spoon into serving dishes
- Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream, if desired